We are currently not accepting anymore proposals
24th Annual Equity Within the Classroom Conference
Re-envisioning the Pipeline: Access, Engagement and Achievement
Equity Within the Classroom Conference is a statewide event hosted annually as a collaborative effort between the State of Michigan’s King Chavez Parks (KCP) Initiative and Michigan colleges and universities. The Equity Conference provides an annual forum for higher education and K-12 constituencies to come together to share best practices, data and research findings and strategies developed by KCP Initiative programs designed to improve the educational experiences and/or outcomes for academically and economically disadvantaged students.
The 2014 conference theme is: Re-envisioning the Pipeline: Access, Engagement and Achievement. For the 2014 conference we are specifically requesting proposals that focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Strategies to foster deep and meaningful collaboration and/or partnerships between various communities both internal and external to higher education
- Exemplary collaborative programs or partnerships with institutions of higher education, K-12 schools, parents and/or community agencies that have increased the enrollment, retention and/or graduation of students from academically and economically disadvantaged populations
- Action-oriented or applied research and assessment on achieving parity in enrollment, retention, and graduation for academically and economically disadvantaged students in K-12 and higher education
- Best practices and/or evidence-based models or frameworks that focus on improving K-12 and/or higher education to increase the access and success of students underrepresented students
A committee that includes faculty, staff and students will review proposals. The following evaluation criteria will be used to review proposals. Preference will be given to proposals that address the conference theme and focus areas.
- Relevance to the conference theme and focus areas
- Clarity and coherence of the session description and plan
- Relevance to the interest of the conference participants
- Evidence of contributions to new, innovative or exemplary practices for students, parents, community agencies, staff and/or faculty in K-12 and higher education
- Likelihood that the session will engage participants by sparking reflection and meaningful discussions